Thursday, April 9, 2009

One of those days...

Yesterday was just one of those days- you know what I am talking about- totally out of control! It all started when I didn't get much sleep on Tues. night, this is a trend in our house on Tuesday nights and I am not sure why, but after a 2 hour "nap" from 11-1 am I was WIDE awake until about 4! Maybe it was something I ate that kept me awake because Anna was also very awake on Wed. (probably because I was so tired!) she only slept 30 minutes ALL day! Believe me I tried to get the child to sleep- no such luck! The vast majority of the day was pretty good, Anna does really well even with no sleep, then we got to dinner time...
I went outside to feed our dog and when I came back in something was in need of my immediate attention, don't really remember, I just put the bag of dog food by the back door and ran to attend to whatever the need was- my plan as to come right back to put the dog food in the laundry room, except I forgot about it. I went about trying to get dinner ready and turn around a minute later to find Anna with a handful of dog food in her mouth!!! She was quite enjoying her snack and I had to fight her to get it back! ;) So I clean up that mess and get Anna in her chair to eat- disaster avoided! Wrong!
Jason was late getting home last night so I decide to brave the grill to cook these awesome burgers that I had made for dinner. Anna is eating dinner so I am spending most of my time with her and just running out to the grill to turn it on, etc. Well, I have the grill heating up and I am bringing my burgers out to put on the grill- HUGE FLAMES! Yes, I have set our grill on fire! I am not sure when, but at some point Anna is finished with dinner so she is out of her highchair and follows me to the back door as I am calling Jason and running to get the grill turned off- so the gas tank doesn't explode! Jason is yelling at me telling me to spray the grill with water from the hose- so I finally get the hose out and am spraying the grill down- the fire is out- whew! I then realize my child is screaming at the top of her lungs, I thought because she was afraid of the fire and smoke, no, I had inadvertantly sprayed the hose in the screen door and soaked her in my haste to get the fire out! I decide to forget grilling burgers and just get the George Foreman out.
Anna is finally in bed and my burgers that I have been waiting for all day are on the George Foreman. AHHH...I can take a deep breath. The burgers are done perfectly and I am sooo excited to try mine, too excited I guess. As I am trying to transfer burger to bun it drops on the floor!! Yep, you guessed it, I picked it up and put it in the bun. No joke! And it was truly the best burger I have ever eaten! Bobby Flay- I will throwdown any day with my new burger recipe! (Just as long as I don't have to use a grill! :))

2 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

Lately, it seems like I have those days everyday!

Lesley, Dennis, Landon, and Natalee "Lou" said...

I can relate! That has been my day today. However, it doesn't include the grill (I avoid it since I already am accident prone!). Our 5 week old decided to start going through her growth spurt today and eat every hour! This would be fine normally, but since my son was at daycare today I was cleaning the house. I forgot to run the dishwasher, I overflowed the toilet (oops!), and forgot a burp cloth and ended up covered in spit-up. The house is still not cleaned and there is no dinner cooked. Oh well!