Friday, April 3, 2009

Potty Training?

Ok, I know some of you may be saying, didn't Anna Kate just turn 1? What in the world is a potty training post about? Well, Uncle Chad and Auntie Shana got Anna a potty chair for her birthday and I had asked her Dr. about potty training because Anna has been telling us for a couple of months when she goes "poo". I thought it was a fluke at first, but literally she only says it when she has gone.
So the Dr. told me just to make her aware of it and she will catch on in time. The past couple of days I have just been putting her on the potty while I am in the bathroom and she reads her books. Well yesterday we had 2 successes! Pee both times and really I think I am just a good guesser at when she has to go, but she LOVED it! I was surprised at how much she was into the potty and then flushing it down the big potty. We are in no way truly potty trained, but she is starting to understand the concept for sure. I will have to post some pics of our girl with her books on the potty!

3 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

I wish I had the time right now to devote to that. I really think Wyatt could catch on quick too. He has been telling us about dirty diapers as well. And, for a active BOY, to take the time to do that, I would say is good!
Congratulations on the success! You'll be saving diaper money in no time!

Laura Jo said...

I was talking about doing this with Adelyn too...you could see the skepticism on everyone's face when I would mention it, like SURE go right ahead! :) I just wanted her to get used to sitting on the potty and possibly coorelating it with dirty/wet diapers. Thanks for the inspiration! Yeah for Anna Kate catching on so quickly!

The Hiltons said...

That's awesome! Why do Americans potty train so late...