Tuesday, September 23, 2008

6 months!

I can't believe it, but our little girl is 6 months old!!!
She is growing up so fast I can't believe it. She is doing so many new things almost every day. Anna is quite lovable and cuddles up so sweet. She laughs a lot just like her mommy. She is also an incredibly great eater already after just a month. Her favorite food right now is avocado with pumpkin a close second! (I like making her baby food so she can get used to all kinds of different foods!) She is a professional roller and seems to be quite content to simply roll wherever she would like to go, although the coffee table often gets in her way! She is getting really good at sitting up and is getting pretty proficient at using both hands while sitting up, although she still falls eventually. We can't really get her to the crawling thing, she pulls her legs up and is looking pretty good, but then decides it is easier to roll over. She is such a talker, and she babbles all the time, mostly to herself. We haven't gotten mama or dada yet either, but she is getting close with mmmm!
Anna Kate is absolutely positively in love with her daddy, she just sits and stares at him, and I have to say that Jason is pretty content just to stare back.
Also, I am one of those moms that the AAP would string up, but Anna Kate now has a walker, and she loves it! Our house is all one level so it is not as bad as you may think and I am pretty sure it will save my back in the long run.
Anna also has the best lungs in town. We decided to leave her in the nursery for the 1st time on Sunday, and I made it through half of the sermon before they called me out. She was SCREAMING and did not want anything to do with that nursery- in her defense she didn't cry the whole time and only started after about 30 minutes. I felt bad for the sweet couple that was in there, but I decided to stay with her to try to at least get her used to the room. I think maybe they tried to hold her the whole time and my little independent one didn't like that idea one bit. We will try again this week, but I think I will stay for at least a while.

1 comment:

Andrea Linville said...

I can't wait to see her new rolling techniques! And I have to say that I don't think it is bad at all to have a walker--granted I don't have any children yet so my opinion may not count--but I feel like walkers teach them to strengthen their legs and it helps them learn to walk. She'll be walking in no time... It's gonna be so much fun at Christmas this year!!