Thursday, September 4, 2008

Forgotten Freebie

I thought I would share with you one of the things I have remembered as one of my favorite things to do as a child and that I have vowed that Anna and I will definitely do often...go to the library. With all the talk lately about how expensive everything has become, I have been trying to find "budget" entertainment that is also educational.
I remember going to "Story Hour" as a child and I LOVED it! I have just forgotten about the library in recent years and now I am thinking about how much money I have spent on books I read once and will sit on a shelf forever or get sold in a garage sale for 25 cents in several years. Now don't get me wrong, I think there are some books you just can't do without buying, but in general the library is an awesome benefit to all those taxes we pay- so why not take advantage of it? I mean, as long as you return your books on time, this is a totally free outing that also provides hours of entertainment when you get home!
I hope that Anna can look back in the years to come and have great memories of going to the library just like I do.
So for today, let me encourage you to support your local library, as I am afraid they may soon be all but forgotten.

3 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

I just noticed yesterday that our home is within walking distance of our library! I was so excited! Wyatt and I will be hitting up story hour for sure!

Mel said...

It is absolutely wonderful to see pictures of your new family, Jess! Beautiful. Thank you so much for touching base - you made my day! I love that I can check in on you guys now...

Take care,
Mel

Heather said...

Jessica! Tell your handy man husband "thank you" for all the house advice! Much appreciated :) :) So glad you've started a blog! Your sweet baby is too cute!

HB